- The K7RA Solar Update
- Amateur Radio Volunteers Turn Out En Masse to Support Chicago Marathon
- New “My DX Summit” Website Going Live on November 21
- Two Japanese Satellites Will Carry Ham Radio Payloads into Deep Space this Month
- Homeland Security’s 2014 National Emergency Communications Plan Incorporates Amateur Radio
- Working Red Badge Holders Could Be Key to Boosting Your Centennial QSO Party Totals
- New Jersey Radio Amateurs Enter Emergency Antenna-Raising Project in Innovation Competition
- Riley Hollingsworth to North Carolina Club: Amateur Enforcement “Very Much Alive”
- K5DCM Wins November QST Cover Plaque Award
- Four New Section Managers to Start in the New Year
The Alabama QSO Party is looking for a new leadership group.
Any individual, group or club in Alabama that might be interested?
Probably takes about 3 or 4 individuals to pull it off each year.
If you are interested, please contact me at my home number
334-886-2883 and perhaps I can answer any questions that you might have. You can reach me via my email at email@example.com.
David – W4MD AL SM
ARRL booth at the Montgomery Hamfest! Thanks to the Montgomery ARC for a great hamfest. It was good to see an increase in Vendors and attendance.
W4MD operating, W5TW logging, and photo by KG4MPU during operations of W1AW/4 from Alabama. Operations included 40 meters and 20 meters for more than 1200 contacts. Thanks to the many who participated in working the Centennial station and what a great bunch of contacts from around the county and beyond! It was our pleasure to put you in the log.
There have been several reports of issues and difficulties regarding requests for the new amateur radio license plate. Some people have gotten the old design license plate. Some people have gotten the yellow/green/blue plate with their call sign on it… Some people have been charged the $50 vanity license plate fee. You should only be charged the $3 fee for amateur radio plates that is established by state law. The link below shows the new design. As of June 1, 2014, this design is the one mandated by law since it was approved by Alabama Dept. Of Revenue and Alabama Dept. of Public Safety. If you or anyone you know of has had any problems regarding the new license plate, please email Christopher Hall at k4lia at hotmail.com
Great meeting held by Mike Watkins, SEC, for the upcoming Simulated Emergency Test on October 11th. Thanks to Hub Harvey, Shelby EMA Director, for use of the facility. There were 17 ARES members in attendance.