- Advisory Board to Guide IARU’s Approach to ITU Smart Sustainable Development Model
- Past Northern Florida Section Manager Royal V. Mackey, N4ADI, SK
- Cross-Borders ARES Exercise Tests Northeast Communication Capabilities
- Contesting Hall of Famer Carl D. Cook, AI6V/P49V, SK
- “Amateur Radio Parity Act” Campaign Will Resume in New Congress
- ARTSAT2: DESPATCH Satellite is Now FO-81
- Foundation for Amateur Radio (FAR) Invites Scholarship Applications
- W1AW Centennial Operations Up Next in Maryland, Hawaii, and Georgia
- Cuban HF Emergency Net Stands Down
- Dayton Hamvention 2015 Award Nominations Due by January 16, 2015!
The Alabama QSO Party is looking for a new leadership group.
Any individual, group or club in Alabama that might be interested?
Probably takes about 3 or 4 individuals to pull it off each year.
If you are interested, please contact me at my home number
334-886-2883 and perhaps I can answer any questions that you might have. You can reach me via my email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
David – W4MD AL SM
ARRL booth at the Montgomery Hamfest! Thanks to the Montgomery ARC for a great hamfest. It was good to see an increase in Vendors and attendance.
W4MD operating, W5TW logging, and photo by KG4MPU during operations of W1AW/4 from Alabama. Operations included 40 meters and 20 meters for more than 1200 contacts. Thanks to the many who participated in working the Centennial station and what a great bunch of contacts from around the county and beyond! It was our pleasure to put you in the log.
There have been several reports of issues and difficulties regarding requests for the new amateur radio license plate. Some people have gotten the old design license plate. Some people have gotten the yellow/green/blue plate with their call sign on it… Some people have been charged the $50 vanity license plate fee. You should only be charged the $3 fee for amateur radio plates that is established by state law. The link below shows the new design. As of June 1, 2014, this design is the one mandated by law since it was approved by Alabama Dept. Of Revenue and Alabama Dept. of Public Safety. If you or anyone you know of has had any problems regarding the new license plate, please email Christopher Hall at k4lia at hotmail.com
Great meeting held by Mike Watkins, SEC, for the upcoming Simulated Emergency Test on October 11th. Thanks to Hub Harvey, Shelby EMA Director, for use of the facility. There were 17 ARES members in attendance.